To fully implement the principles and policies of COVID-19 pandemic prevention and control formulated by the CPC Central Committee, put the people and their lives first, guard against imported cases and domestic resurgences, and adhere to the country's dynamic zero-COVID policy, we formulate this Scheme to guide colleges and universities to scientifically and accurately do a good job in pandemic prevention and control, and optimize and adjust epidemic prevention and control measures, according to the Protocol on Prevention and Control of Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia (Edition 9) issued by the Integrated Group of the Joint Prevention and Control Mechanism of the State Council and the previous versions of Technical Scheme for COVID-19 Pandemic Prevention and Control in Colleges and Universities, and combined with actual pandemic prevention situations and the experiences accumulated in previous emergencies.
I. Before the Term Begins
(I) Preparations of the universities and colleges
1. Attach great importance to the preparations. According to the actual situation at home and abroad and the requirements of local policies, it shall strengthen the comprehensive analysis and risk assessment of pandemic monitoring in the campus, and do a good job in COVID-19 and common infectious diseases prevention. We need to scientifically formulate the school opening work plan, pandemic prevention and control plan as well as emergency response plan, effectively guarantee the public health safety of teachers, students, staff and school, carefully arrange teachers and students to return to the campus, and promote the opening work safely and orderly.
2. Implement "four-party responsibility". Cooperate with local governments to strictly fulfill the responsibility of local government, the responsibility of competent administrative department, the responsibility of college and the self-management responsibility of teachers and students. The secretary of the Party Committee and the president of the university are the first administrator for university pandemic prevention and control, and shall be fully responsible for the organization and implementation of the university pandemic prevention and control. Other relevant university leaders are the major administrators for university pandemic prevention and control, and shall assist the secretary and the president to make preparations for pandemic prevention and control in advance before the start of the term. For universities with multiple campuses, it shall clearly define the administrators and job responsibilities of pandemic prevention and control, comprehensively check the implementation, and ensure the orderly advancement of pandemic prevention and control as well as routine work.
3. Improve the joint prevention and control mechanism. Education administrative departments and health and disease control departments shall enhance the instruction. It shall promote the communication and coordination among universities, disease control institutions and designated medical institutions. The university pandemic prevention and control work shall be included into the unified arrangements of local government, and local government and the universities under their jurisdiction shall establish a responsibility and communication system. The family areas shall be included into the regular pandemic prevention and control and shall cooperate with local government to actively carry out joint prevention and control. Health departments, disease control departments and institutions provide professional instruction and training, and form a peer-to-peer cooperation mechanism, monitoring and early warning mechanism and rapid response mechanism for education, health, disease control and universities, communities, families and medical institutions. It shall achieve full coverage of guidance, training and inspections. The education administrative department, in conjunction with the health and disease control departments, shall arrange special personnel to regularly review, investigate risks, and ensure that all measures are implemented.
4. Refine the prevention and control plan. Pandemic prevention and control personnel of the universities should fully grasp the requirements, prevention and control plans of local pandemic prevention and control, as well as the medical service plans. They shall dynamically adjust and improve the regular prevention and control plans according to actual situation and where the teachers and students come from. It shall refine the prevention and control measures, and especially do a good job in students' returning to school and freshmen's enrollment plans, with clear tasks and responsibilities assigned to each person. University hospitals (clinic) should provide a link between universities and medical institutions or disease control institutions.
5. Improve emergency plan. The university shall communicate with local communities, medical institutions, disease control institutions and public security organs. It shall improve the pandemic handling mechanism of universities, carefully deploy and formulate emergency plans, improve emergency safeguard measures, and achieve peer-to-peer and person-to-person mechanism. It shall carry out multi-scenario, practical training and emergency drills for pandemic prevention and control in a targeted manner. In the event of an outbreak, all links of the emergency plan shall respond quickly and emergency measures shall be in place. It shall implement quarantine, on-site disinfection, transshipment, epidemic investigation, blockage, treatment, epidemic reporting, health monitoring, information release, public opinion monitoring, humanistic care, service guarantee and online teaching as quickly as possible.
6. Make good reserves for pandemic prevention. Reserve pandemic prevention materials such as masks, disinfectants, hand sanitizers, gloves, protective clothing (bio-hazard suit) and non-contact temperature measuring equipment in advance. Set up temporary observation rooms with relatively independent positions, sufficient quantity, qualified conditions and standardized management in or around the school, and special personnel shall be in charge.
7. Thoroughly realign the environment. Comprehensively rectify the campus sanitary environment; clean and disinfect classrooms, laboratories, conference rooms, canteens, dormitories, libraries, stadiums and public toilets; ventilate and clean up garbage; and make records as required. Regularly clean and disinfect the air conditioning and ventilation systems inside the campus and the surfaces of objects in public areas. Strengthen the preventive disinfection of cold chain food packaging and mail parcels, and reasonably set up express delivery points.
8. Strengthen health education. Carry out publicity and education on COVID-19 prevention and control knowledge through various methods and in all directions. Instruct teachers and students to firmly establish the awareness of "the first person responsible for their own health". To strengthen the training of Party and administrative leading cadres, teachers and students in colleges and universities, especially the training of pandemic prevention and control policies, special public health knowledge, emergency response procedures, etc. for staff of key departments.
9. Do a good job of information query. Establish a health monitoring system covering all teachers, students and employees. Comprehensively check and dynamically grasp the travel information and health status of teachers, students and people living with them within 7 consecutive days with the help of information technology.
10. Improve supervision and inspection. The provincial education administrative departments, in conjunction with the health, disease control and other departments, shall strengthen the supervision and inspection of the pandemic prevention and control work in colleges and universities, carefully investigate the implementation of prevention and control measures, rectify and reform the problems found in the inspection, and timely track the rectification in place.
(II) Preparation of teachers and students
11. Report health status. Before the start of school, carry out health monitoring for 7 consecutive days, truthfully report the health code and nucleic acid test report to the university, and cooperate with the university to complete health examination. Dynamically grasp the pandemic situation, and the prevention and control regulations of local government and the region where the university sits.
12. Implement classified management. For teachers and students of colleges and universities in low-risk areas to return to school across provinces and regions, they shall hold a negative certificate of nucleic acid test within 48 hours (subject to the time when the report is issued) before the start of the term. The results of nucleic acid test should be mutually recognized throughout the country, and they shall receive nucleic acid test according to the requirements of local government. For teachers, students and employees, if the place where they come from is identified as a medium and high risk area after returning, they should report to the university and the community in time, and receive nucleic acid testing according to the pandemic situation of the place where they come from and the requirements of the place where the university sits. It shall not take excessive policy steps to teachers, students and employees from low-risk areas such as centralized isolation.
II. Protection on the Way Back
(I) Carry enough masks and other personal protective staff on the way back; wear masks throughout the whole process, pay attention to hygiene and do a good job of protection. Avoid going to other places other than home and university.
(II) Reduce contact and communication with other personnel on public transport; try to keep a distance from fellow passengers and avoid gathering. Do a good job in hand hygiene, try to avoid touching public facilities such as door handles and elevator buttons directly, and clean the hands in time after contact.
(III) If any suspected symptoms are felt on the way back, take the initiative to report and seek medical treatment nearby in time. When in airports, railway stations or taking public transport such as airplanes and trains, cooperate with health monitoring and pandemic prevention management.
III. After the Term Begins
(I) School management requirements
1. Implement primary responsibility. Improve the pandemic prevention and control work plan and emergency response plan; apply the primary responsibility of infectious disease prevention and control in universities; strictly implement various measures for regular prevention and control; and focus on implementing the tracking and recording system for absenteeism due to illness, the reporting system for infectious disease epidemic situation, and the inspection system for resumption of classes, and observe the principle of early prevention, detection, reporting, quarantine and treatment.
2. Do a good job of monitoring and early warning. Strengthen the monitoring, analysis, early warning and disposal of seasonal common infectious diseases such as COVID-19 and influenza. Relying on the public health network of universities, schools (departments) and classes, do a good job in monitoring the health of teachers and students. Grasp the dynamics of teachers and students, make records of absenteeism, early leave and leave, and closely track the diagnosis results and the state of teachers and students who are absent from school due to illness.
3. Strengthen the gate management. Comprehensively control the access of the campus; arrange reasonable areas, responsible person, recording and investigation. Strengthen the management of commuter vehicles in campus. Verify the identities of all personnel entering the campus, measure the body temperature and check the health codes. Only those who have normal health codes, body temperature and wear masks can go inside. It shall strengthen the verification, recording and management of take-out and express delivery personnel. Actively use information technology to implement a convenient management mechanism for entering and leaving the campus. Comprehensively investigate the loopholes in campus access; check the damaged fences, green plant enclosures, low walls and other unattended areas that people can pass through, and repair and plug the loopholes in time.
4. Strengthen the management of public places. Implement the health management system and disinfection system in public areas on campus. The garbage generated shall be removed every day; the containers shall be cleaned and disinfected. It shall ensure the safety of the air conditioning system when it is in service. Increase ventilation, keep air circulation, and minimize the use of indoor confined space without natural ventilation. In case the university is located in medium and high risk areas or is blocked, it should increase the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting the surfaces of high-frequency contact objects such as switch panels, faucets, door handles, stair handrails and fitness equipment in public areas. Closed-loop management shall be implemented on the large-scale construction site on campus to avoid the intersection between off-campus construction personnel and teachers and students on campus. Construction personnel entering and leaving the campus shall be managed with reference to the teachers and students in the university.
5. Strengthen the hygiene management in dining hall. Implement the Notice of the General Office of the Ministry of Education, the General Office of the General Administration of Market Supervision and the General Office of the National Health Commission on Strengthening the Management of Health, Safety and Nutrition in School Dining Halls (J.T.Y.T.H.  No.38 ), install partitions on the dining tables, adopt off-peak dining, and ensure a safe distance of one meter when waiting in line. Keep hygiene record in dining halls, including dining, cleaning and disinfection. Strictly implement the food incoming inspection record system, and purchase raw materials from formal channels to ensure that the sources can be traced. Clean and disinfect tables, chairs, floors, tableware and cooking utensils in the dining area, and collect and dispose of leftovers in time. Establish and improve the emergency food supply mechanism for pandemic prevention and control. Once an epidemic occurs on campus, the dining needs of teachers and students in school can be guaranteed in time. Before the start of a term, all employees in the dining hall shall have a physical examination and work with certificates.
6. Strengthen dormitory management. Outsiders are strictly prohibited from entering the dormitory, and special personnel shall be arranged to take charge of dormitory health management and inspection. Guide students not to gather or avoid visiting other dormitory. Dormitories should be ventilated and cleaned frequently; toilets and public areas should be kept clean and sanitary; hand washing facilities should run well; garbage should be cleaned and public areas should be cleaned and disinfected.
7. Carry out emergency drills. Colleges and universities should regularly organize emergency drills for sudden COVID-19 pandemic on campus after the term begins. It shall improve the pertinence, practicability, operability and immediate response ability of emergency plans, test the proficiency of teachers, students and employees, and rectify the problems and weak links found in time.
(II) Management requirements for teachers and students
8. Observe the campus access management. Teachers, students and employees should abide by the campus access management regulations; teachers should try their best not to visit other places other than home and university, and students should have a relatively fixed study and living space. During the regular pandemic prevention and control, it shall strengthen the management of teachers and students entering and leaving the campus, and insist on the principle of not going out unnecessarily during the emergency response period. If it is really necessary to enter and leave the campus due to medical treatment, job hunting, internship and other reasons, corresponding procedures must be performed.
9. Strengthen health monitoring. Strengthen the health monitoring of teachers, students and employees, report people with symptoms in time, seek medical treatment according to relevant regulations, and attend classes and work without any symptoms. With the support and safeguard of the local joint COVID-19 prevention and control mechanism team (leading group or headquarters), teachers and students are organized to receive nucleic acid sampling inspection; health management and monitoring are strengthened for the staff on duty on the campus (building) gate, cleaning and dining, and it shall reasonably improve the frequency of nucleic acid testing, and antigen detection can be used as a supplementary means of epidemic monitoring.
10. Strengthen personal protection. Teachers, students and employees shall not go to counties (cities, districts and banners) and overseas where local COVID-19 case is fund. Teachers, students and employees should wear masks in public areas, do a good job of hand hygiene and keep a safe social distance from others. When there is no medium and high risk area in the district (county) where the university is located, teachers and students may not wear masks in class. Campus (building) gate guard, cleaning and dining staff shall wear surgical mask or masks of higher rank and disposable gloves throughout their work. Dining hall staff should also wear overalls and working caps, which shall be kept clean, and washed and disinfected regularly. If allowed, universities can use Chinese medicine to strengthen the prevention and reduce the occurrence and spread of infectious diseases.
11. Implement health education. Encourage universities to provide health education teachers, set up health education courses, and include the knowledge and skills of preventing COVID-19 and common infectious diseases into health education content and the "first lesson of school". It shall organize teachers and students to study the Basic Code for Citizens in Pandemic Prevention, and carry out pandemic prevention and control training at least once in freshmen's entrance education. It shall regularly train teachers and students on knowledge and skills of infectious disease prevention and control, and train teachers and students on antigen detection operation to improve their awareness of disease prevention and self-protection. The university shall actively advocate various forms of fitness activities, and help students to form exercise habits and to develop a healthy lifestyle.
12. Pay attention to mental health. The universities shall provide full-time or part-time mental health teachers to offer psychological support services for teachers and students. It shall strengthen the publicity of mental health knowledge, pay attention to the psychological status of teachers and students, reasonably arrange psychological service professionals, social workers or volunteers to provide mental health counseling services, and timely relieve the negative emotions of teachers and students. It shall strengthen the awareness of crisis identification and intervention, and improve the psychological intervention mechanism.
13. Promote vaccination. Under the principles to be informed, to be consent and volunteer, eligible teachers and students over the age of 18 can receive the vaccination of COVID-19 as soon as possible, and can also receive one dose of homologous booster or sequential booster.
IV. Pandemic Monitoring
(I) Pay attention to the changes in the pandemic situation
Pay close attention to the changes of pandemic situation of the region where the university sits as well as the other parts of the country. Once there is a outbreak in the region where the university sits the risk level is improved, it shall strictly implement the prevention and control measures based on requirements, activate the emergency command system for pandemic prevention and control, and adopt emergency measures decisively. According to the needs of pandemic prevention and control on campus, off-line teaching can be temporarily stopped. When the pandemic is under control, under the premise that the safety of teachers, students, employees and campus public health are guaranteed, it shall resume off-line teaching according to the opinions of the joint prevention and control mechanism of local government.
(II) Strengthen monitoring and early warning
On the basis of doing a good job in regular pandemic prevention and control, the university shall strictly implement measures such as health monitoring, body temperature detection, morning, afternoon and evening check-up, and tracking and recording of absenteeism due to illness. In case of people with symptoms are found, students should report to counselors in time. The faculty and staff should report to their units in time, and immediately report to the university hospital (clinic) for treatment as required.
V. Emergency Response
In case of abnormal health code, teachers, students and employees should report to the community where they live in time, complete the corresponding procedures such as pandemic investigation and testing according to the requirements of community workers, and report the situation to the university in time. If there is any confirmed case, asymptomatic case, suspected case or close contact among teachers and students, the university should immediately start the emergency response mechanism, report to the local disease control institutions within 2 hours, and take measures such as blocked management, nucleic acid testing for all, strengthening the control of activities and place inside the campus, and arrange online teaching in time under the guidance of local health and disease control departments.
In case there is one or more infected persons on the campus, it shall carry out nucleic acid testing for all on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 7th days respectively. If allowed, colleges and universities can instruct the teachers and students to carry out antigen testing in time. If there is any positive person, they should be transferred from the emergency center to the medical institutions with fever clinics according to the requirements of the guidelines for the transfer of personnel related to the COVID-19. According to the Protocol on Prevention and Control of Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia (Edition 9), the university shall cooperate with the control and management of infectious sources on the campus, cooperate with disease control institutions to carry out rapid and comprehensive epidemiological investigation and epidemic analysis and judgment, and scientifically and accurately delineate risk areas and risk personnel. The university shall actively cooperate with disease control institutions to control first and then investigate designated areas and risk places. It shall orderly organize and implement measures such as transportation, isolation and control, nucleic acid testing and health monitoring of personnel under risk, take corresponding preventive disinfection, disinfection at any time and terminal disinfection of the environment and object surface according to the polluted status and risk degree, and do a good job in collecting and harmless treatment of garbage, feces and sewage on campus.
The university shall strengthen emergency response support, properly solve practical difficulties in study, work and life of teachers and students, and respond to reasonable demands and concerns in a timely manner.
VI. Return to Campus after Recovery
Teachers, students and employees, who recover from COVID-19 or are released from centralized isolation on schedule, shall complete home health monitoring according to regulations, and return to campus only with negative nucleic acid test results. When returning to campus, the university will check the relevant certificates issued by qualified medical institutions.